1. The Volkswagen “Beetle” automobile has been launched in Germany according to direct order of Adolf Hitler. Fuhrer believed that this car industry latest thing must be available to any German ( literally from German a Volkswagen means «People's car"). Throughout history more than 22 million "Beetles" have been sold worldwide for the whole history.
2. In Porsche cars ignition key is usually placed at the left of the steering wheel. This tradition goes back to the first 24-hour of Le Mans races. At that time initially drivers had to run to their cars, jump in them and start driving. Finding the ignition key at the left provided a faster start.
3. The most of famous "Rolls-Royces" cars are per capita in Hong Kong. For example, the car fleet of the legendary Hong Kong hotel "Peninsula" consists of 15 "Rolls-Royces". The figurine on Rolls-Royce bumper costs 5000 $.
4. Initialy car tires were white or beige color, and only in 1912 they became black, because manufacturers started to add black carbon to rubber. Therefore Bibendum - one of the oldest world-famous trademarks.
5. In the 1916, 55% of the cars in the world were Ford T models. And this record is still unbroken .
6. Toyota is considered to be the largest automanufacturer in the world, which produces 13,000 vehicles a day. Second place goes to General Motors, and the third - Volkswagen.
7. Riga company Dartz Motorz produces the most expensive armored SUVs “Prombron” in the world. In 2009, the company announced that in the inner trim of the Dartz Prombron Monaco Red Diamond Edition SUV model the foreskin of whale will be used. After the environmental objections Dartz Motorz refused to realize their plans, having claimed that such type of skin was not chosen because of the desire to exterminate the whales, but because of the most expensive material of this type.
8. Shelby Super Cars company has created the fastest land vehicle in the world that can reach the speed more than 750 mph. The speed supercar model Andy Green accelerated to 760 mph, having broken the sonic barrier in 1997.
9. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is considered as the fastest car in the world. In 2010, the car set a world record of speed among the auto production cars, having got up speed 270 mph thanks to the power of 1200 hp.
10. The biggest car in the world is German truck - Liebherr T 282B. It weighs 240 tons. A driver needs to go upstairs, consisting of 16 steps to get inside of cab.
11. The most smallest production car in the world is Peel P50, released in England in 1962. Its length made only 4 ft, width - 3 ft, height 4 ft. The car had three wheels. This babe placed only the driver and was accelerated to 40 mph.
12. The most expensive production car in the world is Bugatti Veyron, its price equals to 1.7 million $.