Many modern people spend much of their time driving a car. For many of them, driving is a major part of their job.
However, trips are often accompanied by physical discomfort. It turns out that these feelings mostly depend not on the characteristic properties of the seats, but on how the driver sits in them.
1. The key point in the correct sitting is the maximum relaxation of the muscles. It is important to find a comfortable position of the body, in which this task will be performed. In such a manner it will be easier for you to focus on the driving and quickly respond if necessary.
2. With proper sitting position, the load must, first of all, fall on the seat. The limbs at the same time can move freely, which will contribute to a better driving quality.
3. The back should touch the seat back in the areas of the waist, shoulder blades, and lower neck. This will help you to better manage (feel) your car and stay in the seat at turns.
4. It is important to choose a convenient distance between the seat and the steering wheel, at which you will be comfortable to press the pedals, and at the same time, your legs will not be fully straightened. Legs should be kept constantly bent (angle in the knees 120 degrees). In such a way, you will not need to constantly reach out for the pedals, and your back will not be bent.
5. Find the most suitable position for your hands while driving. You can try to do it in this way: when the left hand lies on the top of the steering wheel, it should be slightly bent (the angle at the elbows 120 degrees). In some vehicles, the steering tube is height and reach adjustable.
6. The head restraint must be adjusted at the level of the driver's neck. The back of the head, back and shoulders should form a line at the angle of 110-120 degrees. This will also help to relax your body while driving.
7. Also, make sure that the seat belt is placed near the shoulder and runs along the entire chest. The belt should never be at the level of the throat. The belt must be attached to the chest in the way that you can pas your hand between them. Then the belt will not put pressure on the chest, and in an emergency situation will save the driver.
Of course, the sitting of a particular person in the car depends on his/her physiological characteristics.
Knowing the basic principles of proper sitting, you can choose for yourself the optimal position behind the wheel of the car and less get tired during driving.