1. If you decide to wash your car, do not use too hot water. The high temperature of the water can damage the paintwork of the body. The optimum temperature of water for washing the car is not more than 120°F.
2. There are times when it is necessary to leave a car for a while under the scorching rays of the sun. Remember that due to the sunlight, car upholstery, whether it made of leather or cloth, it begins to gradually burn out and lose its original condition. Leaving the car on the open parking lot in the summer, be sure to cover the front and rear glass with something, so that the sun rays do not enter the interior.
3. If light alloy wheels are mounted in your car, you shouldn't forget about their maintenance to keep their original covering as long as possible. Wear products of the brake pads corrode the covering of alloy wheels.
4. The paintwork during the movement of the car can crack up, for example, because of the flying gravel. There are always scratches on the body after such a "meeting", and this causes corrosion of the metal. To avoid this trouble, you should immediately polish scratches with special chemicals.
5. After a long trip, car headlights become dirty and dull. To clean them, do not use aggressive chemicals, as they can damage the headlight glass. A special auto shampoo is enough to clean the body, glasses.
6. It is necessary to keep cleanliness in the car, as in the house. Clean the interior and baggage compartment on a regular basis. In addition to the above, remember, if you have seats with built-in heating, you mustn't moisten them. Due to the liquid, the heating system may be damaged. After cleaning the interior, ventilate and dry it well.
7. Door and window seals made of polymer material become more rigid over time. Consequently, the air-tightness of the interior worsens. To maintain their elasticity, you need to use special means for the care of rubber.
8. It is necessary to slightly soak the elements of car upholstery, made of leather, with a colorless skin care cream. This will allow preventing the upholstery cracks from sun rays.
So, just observe these very simple and important rules for maintaining the car in good condition. Following them, you will save the interior and exterior of your car in original condition as long as possible.